General Patient Care Job In Dallas, Texas
This job was posted 7 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Responsible for providing assistance to the imaging professionals in the Radiology Department by performing patient related and general clerical duties to ensure effective departmental operations.
- Must have at least nine (9) months experience in a patient, child, or health care setting or environment OR currently enrolled in a Healthcare Program.
- Must have a current Healthcare Provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o American Red Cross Rescuer o Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read and write.
- Must be able to demonstrate a basic knowledge of patient care and processes in a Radiology setting.
- Must complete a Body Mechanics Class for preventative back injury and proper lifting techniques upon initial orientation.
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of a computer.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors by communicating effectively with patients, families, nurses, physicians, and other hospital personnel.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.