Food Services Job In Oakland, California
Dining Room Server - MercyNext Steps... Apply Now
Job Category Culinary Services
Shift Day, NOC
Who We Are
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
A Dining Room Server:
- Creates a positive dining experience for residents.
- Discusses and explains menu items to residents, records resident food selection, delivers food and beverages, cleans and re-sets tables.
- Assists residents with salad and breakfast bar.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English, including ability to fully explain menu items and their ingredients to residents.
- Ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to record food orders and work quickly and efficiently.
- Current First Aid Training and Certifications as per Title 22.
- 6 months food service experience preferred.
- One year of experience working in an elder care setting preferred.