Internal Medicine Job In Corsicana, Texas
Family Medicine Position Available 1 Hour South of DallasNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Corsicana, a historic Texas community with a strong 162-bed hospital just an hour southeast of Dallas, is looking for an Internal Medicine physician to join an employed practice. Hospitalist program in place so opportunity exists for outpatient only practice. No hospital call. Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm schedule. Providers can offer extended hours.
- Opportunity to grow your practice and build personal relationships with patients
- Community of 26,000 with a service area of 50,000 and only one hospital
- Navarro Regional Hospital is a JCAHO accredited community hospital with more than 4,000 admissions, 23,000 ED visits and over 50,000 diagnostic studies annually.
- Ample office space available in a recently built medical office building adjacent to the hospital.
- Public/private education for pre-K thru 12th grade, plus a 4-year public university and a 2-year college
Navarro Regional is offering a competitive recruitment package that may include:
- Base Salary with potential for incentive compensation
- Commencement Bonuses
- Relocation, as well as Marketing and CME expenses for first year
- Medical Education Loan Repayment Assistance
- No personal income tax
- Less than an hour from Dallas on I-45
- Enjoy low cost of living in a safe, family-friendly community with a YMCA, ample parks, and country club
- Access to Richland Chambers Reservoir, the 3rd largest lake in Texas
- Home of the 2nd largest planetarium in Texas
A growing community with a rich history, Corsicana residents like to say their town is “where Country meets Culture”. Located in East Texas, Corsicana reflects the friendliness and easy lifestyle of Texas living, but its proximity and easy access to Dallas (just an hour away via Interstate 45) also allows residents to experience the sights and sounds of the big city whenever they feel the urge. Simply stated, from Corsicana you can find everything from armadillos to antiques, fruitcakes (it’s the “fruitcake capital of America”) to fine western art.
With a city population around 26,000 and a county population of 50,000, Corsicana has grown 8% from 2000 to 2006. Founded on oil (Corsicana boasts the oldest commercial oil field in Texas), the economy is now more balanced, with energy, agriculture, and light manufacturing sectors. Almost 80 churches reflect the availability of almost all major denominations. Low cost of living, strong schools, and some exceptionally attractive established neighborhoods with handcrafted, custom built home from the early 1900s make this a great place to raise a family and enjoy life. One of the largest lakes in Texas—Richland Chambers Lake—is only 15 minutes away.
Navarro Regional Hospital, a 162-bed facility, is located in Corsicana, Texas, 60 miles southeast of Dallas. The hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO) and has a broad range of services, including Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery, Breast Surgery, Emergency Department, Inpatient Dialysis, Intensive Care Unit, Maternity Services, Outpatient Cardiac Rehab, Outpatient Nutritional Counseling, Outpatient Surgery Center, Pediatric Services, Pulmonary Functions Lab, Sleep Study Lab, Weight Loss Center of Corsicana, Bariatric Surgery, Diagnostics Services, GI Procedures Lab, Inpatient Medical Unit, Kidney Stone Lithotripsy (On-site), Outpatient Diabetic Teaching, Outpatient Physical Therapy, Pain Management Services, Rehab Unit and a Transitional Care Unit.