Pediatrician Job In Wichita, Kansas
Pediatrician to Join 4 in Private PracticeNext Steps... Apply Now Register Now Call Kathy Kyer: Sign in to view
The work week is spent in patient care, four days with an equal weekend call split. Physician's personal lives are enhanced by use of an after-hours children's hospital pediatric nurse triage for patient phone calls.
Physicians work with a local hospitalist group that sees their newborns and have the option of seeing their own inpatients at Wesley Children's Hospital/ WesleyMedical Center.
Wichita, Kansas, located in the heart of the Midwest along the banks of the Arkansas River, is the state's largest metro area and business hub. Wichita offers excellent schools, shopping, cuisine, and culture, including a vibrant craft beer industry and art scene.
* Competitive salary + productivity component at year two
* Partnership track
* Generous time off, 401K, CME package, health and dental insurance
* Potential for clinical faculty position with KU Wichita's Pediatric Residency program
Please respond with your CV as well as a cover letter describing your interest in living and practicing in Wichita.
Wichita´s population is 350,000, drawing from 2/3s of the state of Kansas and parts of contiguous states. Wichita was named #1 Most Affordable City in the US by NBC's Today Show in 2010. In 2009, Wichita ranked as one of Forbes' "Best Bang for the Buck" cities and made Money Magazine´s List of 10 best cities in the U.S. Visit the city site for reviews and links to 7 recent national rankings that explain why so many physicians and post graduate-degreed professionals settle in Wichita.
Wesley Medical Center is a regional acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. The medical staff of 700 physicians and 3,000 employees provides a full range of diagnostic and treatment services for patients from throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Every year, more than 180,000 patients are treated and more than 6,000 babies are born at Wesley. The hospital was founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church and has been part of the HCA hospital system since 1985.
- The largest Emergency Department in Kansas/ Level 1 (highest level) trauma center
- The area's only Gamma Knife Center
- State-of-the-art Neonatal Intensive Care and Pediatric Intensive Care units
- Newly equipped and renovated Cath Lab and EP lab
- Neurodiagnostics and stroke treatment
- Advanced care for high-risk pregnancies
- Cancer care
- The area's only hyperbaric oxygen chambers