Medical Director Job In Waltham, Massachusetts
Director, Clinical OperationsNext Steps... Apply Now
Radius Health is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/Disabled Individuals/Veterans. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to HRconnect@radiuspharm.com. Click here to navigate to the “EEO is the Law” poster. Click here to navigate Radius Health’s Pay Transparency Policy.
Job ID 2018-1840
# of Openings 1
Category Clinical Dev - Dept
The Director, Clinical Operations will provide oversee the execution of clinical trials within the development programs. The incumbent will serve as the governance contact for the CRO and clinical vendors, will ensure that all assigned operational trial deliverables are met according to timelines, budget, operational procedures, quality standards, SOPs and business guidelines.
- Provides strategic input to the clinical development plan
- Develops the operational plans for trials within the assigned development program(s)
- Oversees trial execution team to ensure delivery of clinical trial within budget and agreed upon timelines
- Identifies and/or anticipates operational risks and mitigation plans across trials within the development program and escalates issues to senior management as necessary
- Manages the quality of work performed by direct reports (i.e. AD, CTM, CRA, and CTC) through regular review and evaluation of work product. Acting as a coach and mentor.
- Serves as the relationship manager for CRO/Vendors and is a member of the joint oversight committee
- Reviews CRO/Vendor agreements and negotiates the performance metrics to be outlined within the agreements
- Contributes to Global clinical / regulatory submissions
- May perform periodic visits to sites and/or vendors to assess progress and compliance
- Presents status reports of operational execution activities to senior management
- Ensure clinical trials maintain an inspection readiness state throughout the lifecycle of the trial
- 12 years of clinical operations experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech and/or contract research organization (CRO) setting; including management of a CRO.
- 7 years supervisory experience, 5 years direct project/trial management experience and 2 years in leadership role
- Strong collaborator with excellent communication skills; "Can do" attitude.
- Requires a BS in the health or life sciences or equivalent.
- Oncology experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with trial master file organization, regulatory documents, inspection preparation/readiness (site and Sponsor) required.
- Good working knowledge of the international conference on harmonization (ICH) and good clinical practice (GCP) guidelines and other applicable regulatory guidelines required; basic statistical knowledge preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Project, Outlook; Electronic Data Capture and Trial Master File Systems).
- Global Clinical Trial Experience and the ability to support more than one clinical trial is required.
The work is performed in a typical office environment with heavy computer duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Frequent travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands to type, handle paperwork and sort, file or manipulate documents. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.