RN Job In Charlottesville, Virginia
RN- Director of NursingNext Steps... Apply Now
Requisition ID: 2019-4207
Location Name: Charlottesville Health & Rehab Center
Position Type: Full-Time
Nursing is what we do! Charlottesville Health and Rehabilation Center, a 105 -bed healthcare center in Charlottesville VA is seeking a Director of Nursing. Working with us is more than just a job - it is an opportunity to do meaningful work, an opportunity to put a personal touch on improving the lives of others. We understand the demands of caring for others, and we consider it an honor. Become part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team of professionals who share their positive attitudes and compassionate hearts with every patient, family, and co-worker.
The DON will assist in ensuring the delivery of exemplary care and customer service through coordinating, assessing and monitoring the quality and efficiency of patient care outcomes. The DON is responsible for ensuring compliance of nursing care policies, procedures, systems and processes, as well as the management and supervision of unit nursing staff.
Additional responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Ensuring all patients are cared for consistent with federal, state and Company standards
- Demonstrating uncompromising adherence to ethical principles and organizational values
- Establishing and enforcing the center's safety and health programs
- Developing and maintaining a positive culture that is built upon open communication and trust
- Identifying and solving operational problems related to all areas of the center's business
- Ensuring compliance with pertinent laws, regulations, and MFA policies and procedures
- Managing employee performance in alignment with the values and goals of the company
- Serving as a role model for others by being a care and service champion
- Helping evaluate the effectiveness of nursing services in relation to their objectives and costs
- Involving others in problem solving and championing change
- Sharing information with others through explanation and demonstration
- Current license by the VA Board of Nursing to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 2 years of nursing experience, preferably in long term care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state regulations as they relate to long term care
- BSN Preferred; RN Required
We offer a competitive rate of pay and a comprehensive benefits package for full time associates which includes affordable health and dental insurance within 30-60 days of hire, free life insurance, paid time off, extra pay for holidays, 401k with 50% company match, scholarship opportunities, and continuing education.
Working for MFA at a LifeWorks Rehab and Skilled Nursing Center is no ordinary career. It takes pride and dedication. It takes a critical combination of technical skills balanced with people skills. Most of all it takes a unique person, with a caring heart and a passion for helping others. It's more than just a job...it's a calling.