Business Professional Job In Wayne, Pennsylvania
Category ManagerNext Steps... Apply Now
Radius Health is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/Disabled Individuals/Veterans. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to HRconnect@radiuspharm.com. Click here to navigate to the “EEO is the Law” poster. Click here to navigate Radius Health’s Pay Transparency Policy.
Job ID 2019-1888
# of Openings 1
The Category Manager role is a key position on our growing procurement operations team. Reporting to the Director, Commercial Procurement this role will be key in formulating and executing strategic initiatives to support Radius business needs. This role has the unique opportunity to establish a procurement discipline in a high growth company. The focus will be to develop the operational function and execute order volume as well as the opportunity to have an impact on the maturation of systems and processes in support of the business.
The Category Manager will:
- Be responsible for supporting the creation of sub-category strategies and plans to achieve or exceed agreed savings targets for the category.
- Drive business outcomes and behaviors with subject matter expertise to deliver value through the category planning lifecycle.
- Understand complex business problems, apply analytical thinking and market knowledge to drive the most appropriate business outcome.
- Communicate category concepts in a way that is relevant to the business.
- Ensure category and project data (savings, pipeline, milestones, risks, issues, taxonomy) is accurate and reflective of reality. Monitor the status of the projects and drive corrective action to ensure savings targets, timelines and deliverables are achieved or exceeded.
- Review/verify all purchase requisitions are complete and approved following established company policies and procedures.
- Create, execute and communicate all purchase orders, referencing proper terms and contracts.
- Liaise with all internal business partners to support our ERP platform, purchase requisitions, new supplier requirements, and purchase order resolutions.
- Develop content and lead corporate training of ERP usage and policy standards.
- Provide guidance and advice to internal business partners on system usage, become functional subject matter expert.
- Oversee new supplier onboarding process and maintain master supplier data.
- Negotiates with suppliers on price, mode of shipping, and delivery time.
- Manage the resolution of supplier related issues such as invoice resolutions, delivery issues.
- Checks invoices for accuracy, and authorizes the accounts payable department to issue payment.
- Evaluates the performance of certain vendors in order to decide whether or not to continue buying from them.
- Conduct assessments of existing products/services.
- Analyze the market to assess the potential for new products and services.
- Research supply options, market trends and competitors.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to establish effective price points.
- Assist with the review and renew of existing vendor contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- 5+ years of experience in purchasing operations and category management is preferred
- Biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- CPSM or other related professional certification a plus
- Proficiency in utilizing ERP applications (Microsoft AX a plus)
- Understand basic accounting principles and the procure-to-pay process including internal controls
- Solid problem solving capabilities, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong Stakeholder Engagement skills
- Strong negotiation skills; demonstrated ability to work independently, build strong relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- The capability to independently understand complex engagements, identify creative business solutions, and drive successful interactions with outside partners.