Medical Coding Job In
Coding EducatorNext Steps... Apply Now
Remote/Work from home | 4-6 weeks of on-site training will be required in either Hammond, IN or Greenwood, IN
WHAT WE NEED
Detail-oriented, data educators
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Helping others do their job well is a special skill all its own. Healthcare diagnoses, procedures, services, equipment… basically everything that goes into patient care must be coded and entered into our system. Training those to ensure diagnoses and procedures are accurately recorded is a big part of the job. The other part? Being able to follow state and federal compliance regulations. It’s no small task. Think you’re up for the job?
Are you an effective trainer? Are you able to follow procedures and communicate those standards to others? Do you pride yourself on your accuracy and thoroughness? We have a job waiting for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develops and maintains a consistent coding operations orientation program and reports the coders' progress to Coding Leadership throughout the orientation and training processes.
- Develops and maintains all corporate coding education, training policies and procedures, and coding reference materials.
- Prepares education material based on audit results and reviews material with the coding staff impacted.
- Assists corporate coding leadership with training and/or development of a performance improvement track for coding employees in the disciplinary process related to quality or productivity performance.
- Acts as a subject matter expert regarding payer reimbursement methodologies and official coding guidelines.
- Monitors changes to coding methodologies, official coding guidelines, regulatory standards, reimbursement schemes; Develops training material and communication plan for these changes.
- Maintains EPIC CT trainer status for Coding/HIM
- Orients new physicians with regards to the coding department’s role in the revenue cycle and prepare training material for coding related physician education.
- Assists the Coding Supervisor with reviewing and responding to external coding audits.
- Assists with annual verification of coding staff credentials.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Follow well-defined instructions and comply with regulations, standards and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Must convey an image that is consistent with the organization’s values, demonstrating the qualities, traits, and demeanor that command leadership respect.
- Proven success in a collaborative environment with multi-facility experience.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
5+ years experience in physician office coding
Certification(s): Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Registered Health Information Technology (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administration (RHIA)
Travel: Up to 20%
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.