Security Job In Lafayette, Indiana
Security OfficerNext Steps... Apply Now
Security and Safety
1701 Creasy Lane
Lafayette, IN 47905
PRN (As Needed)
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Providers of safe environments
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A hospital is a busy place. There are people coming and going at all hours of the day and night. Keeping our patients, visitors and staff safe and secure is one of our top priorities. We need people who can both learn and enforce our procedures and guidelines. Professional people with exceptional communication skills. People who can diligently monitor areas and consistently provide security.
Are you able to quickly respond to emergency needs? Do you love variety in your job? Can you monitor, respond to, and document situations? We have a position that needs your skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Respond quickly and appropriately to fire and disaster emergencies, having knowledge in all departmental procedures relating to emergency preparedness.
- Provide assistance, when requested, in restraining patients to facilitate the protection of the patient and staff.
- Assist the nursing staff in the removal and transport of deceased from patient care areas to the morgue. Provide assistance to funeral home personnel and Medical Examiner’s Office personnel by releasing the deceased in accordance with departmental policy.
- Patrol the hospital campus, investigate any suspicious activities, and complete work orders to correct any observed work hazards.
- Investigate all incidents assigned or observed and complete required reports in a factual and concise manner.
- Monitor CCTV monitors in a diligent manner; answer internal and external telephone calls, direct public safety response to specific areas as requested.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Extensive contact with patients, visitors, employees and physicians.
- Knowledge of all hospital and departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures; strict confidentially in the handling of personal information; enforce all policies under the Security/Safety Department’s jurisdiction.
- Answer questions and direct visitors, patients, and employees in a professional approach always exhibiting a pleasant temperament.
- Make quick decisions in emergent situations; concentrate within high traffic and stressful settings; work proficiently in a team environment.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
License(s): Not Applicable
Certification(s): Not Applicable
Travel:Up to 50%
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.