General Patient Care Job In Carmel, Indiana
Surgery AideNext Steps... Apply Now
12188 B North Meridian Street
Part-Time Benefit eligible;24.00/week
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
A pleasant, people lover
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Hospital patients often need to get from place to place within our campus. They need someone pleasant, talkative and reliable to get them to and from treatment locations. Are you that person?
Have you been told that you’re great with people? Are you good at following directions? We have a special job waiting for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist in transferring, lifting and positioning patients, utilizing proper body mechanics.
- Report any unusual observation or occurrences to the Registered Nurse.
- Transport patients to and from Surgical Services.
- Transport specimens to and from various departments in a timely manner.
- Operate and clean the autoclave; perform daily and weekly biological testing of autoclave units and check high level disinfection units; change chart paper as necessary.
- Assist the Surgical Team with ancillary patient care duties as directed by the Patient Care Coordinator/RN.
- Assemble charts for newly admitted patients and maintain charts on a daily basis by checking charts and labeling needed chart forms.
- Assist with unit clean-up and set-up by cleaning and preparing beds and emptying linen containers and garbage cans.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Maintain current knowledge in the field by attending allotted in-services and seminars including mandatory areas of fire/safety/hazardous materials and CPR certification.
- Knowledge of unit based Continuing Quality Improvement (CQI) program.
- Demonstrate flexibility in staffing and adaptability to changes in patient care practice.
- Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
- Demonstrate tact and understanding when dealing with others.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
License(s): Not Applicable
Certification(s): Not Applicable
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.