Pharmacy Technician Job In Olympia Fields, Illinois
Pharmacy TechnicianNext Steps... Apply Now
20205 S Crawford Avenue
Part-Time Benefit eligible;28.00/week
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A hospital pharmacy is a busy place. Without the support of a hands-on Pharmacy Tech, it would be hard for the Pharmacist to get the job done. This team player keeps meds stocked, verifies and delivers orders, handles computer entry work and much more. If you love keeping busy, this is the job for you.
Are you able to follow directions accurately and in a timely manner? Can you provide pleasant service to doctors, nurses and patients? Are you a good listener? If so, we have an active job waiting just for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Enter charges and credits into computer.
- Restocking and checking of Pyxis machines and nursing units including onsite and offsite units.
- Verify integrity of medications in Pyxis machines / floor stock areas.
- Check for appropriate dating, and stock levels.
- Make routine deliveries of filled medication orders and pick up new orders to be filled.
- Package and maintain records of medications not prepackaged.
- Assist as a “second check” in the accuracy of the order entry process.
- Monthly checking of assigned departments for outdates.
- Prepare and deliver intravenous piggyback admixtures.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Understand and effectively adjusts to changes in job conditions, assignments, priorities, and schedules.
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- High attention to detail
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Maintain a positive approach, work cooperatively with others, and demonstrate a constructive response to criticism.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
0-1 Years Experience
License(s): Pharmacy Technician State Certified
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.