Social Worker Job In Lafayette, Indiana
Clinical TherapistNext Steps... Apply Now
1501 Hartford Street
PRN (As Needed);0.01/week
WHAT WE NEED
Clinical therapist for all ages
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Starting with the diagnostic interview, the Clinical Therapist evaluates a patient’s needs and develops a treatment plan with measurable goals. Sound interesting?
Lafayette East will be opening a Psychiatric Crisis Stabilization Unit in December. This is a 23 hour unit where people experiencing a psychiatric crisis are treated and stabilized in a compassionate environment geared towards people with mental health issues. The goal is to stabilize and discharge the patient with a care plan in place. If they are unable to be stabilized, they will be admitted to an inpatient psychiatric hospital. The model we are developing is modeled after the Empath units developed by Dr. Scott Zeller. It is an innovative concept and will be the first of such units in the state of Indiana.
We are trying to recruit Clinical Therapists to be part of the treatment team on the unit to help with assessments, providing therapy interventions, and helping develop care plans and assisting with placement for those we will be treating.
Are you a compassionate listener? Are you able to evaluate and asses a patient’s needs accurately? Do you enjoy caring for people with behavioral, emotional and mental needs? This could be the perfect spot for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Meet Completes thorough diagnostic evaluation including all components as outlined in the psychosocial assessment tool.
- Evaluate and treat patients in accordance with established policies.
- Prepare and sign medical records in a timely manner.
- Participate in multidisciplinary clinical staffing to coordinate care of outpatients.
- Develop treatment plan with measurable goals and obtain appropriate signatures according to policy.
- Document the assessment process with treatment plan revisions as necessary.
- Refer for psychiatric evaluation for best utilization of resources.
- Complete documentation for billing of services rendered in accordance with established policies.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Understand and adjust to changes in job conditions, assignments, priorities, and schedules.
- Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to learn.
- Verbal expression is clear, positive, and appropriate.
- Listens to others and rephrases their thoughts.
- Communicate to the appropriate audience and alters communication style according to the audience.
- Maintain a positive approach, work cooperatively with others, and demonstrate a constructive response to criticism and works with others as a team.
- Display ingenuity, self-reliance, resourcefulness, assertiveness, ambition and anticipation of what needs to be done and follow through with assignments.
- Take needed action without direct instructions.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
License(s): Licensed Clinical Social Worker; Mental Health Counselor
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.