Patient Admission and Registration Job In Indianapolis, Indiana
Inpatient Rehab Admissions CoordinatorNext Steps... Apply Now
8111 South Emerson Avenue
WHAT WE NEED
Patient-focused admissions coordinator
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our Admissions Coordinators cross boundaries to quickly assess and admit patients based on care needs. This job requires a high degree of organization and the ability to see the big picture to reduce and eliminate barriers which may impede patient admissions. It’s hands-on position providing high quality patient care.
Are you a good collaborator? Do you have strong communication skills? Are you a critical problem solver? Do you want to be part of a team providing high quality, faith-based healthcare? We have a special place waiting for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Conduct all pre-admissions assessments for referral to the unit.
- Make the determination as to whether or not the patient is an acceptable candidate for placement in the unit.
- Arrange for admission to the unit. Meet with patient/family to assess appropriateness and orientate to the rehabilitation process.
- Coordinate all facets of the admission to the unit including insurance confirmation/authorization.
- Review admission chart.
- Develop & maintain ongoing data relative to the patients admitted to the unit.
- Monitor & analyze admissions established criteria.
- Demonstrate flexibility in meeting the needs of the unit to insure timely and efficient admissions.
- Maintain an ongoing contact with other disciplines to insure a continuum of care for the patient.
- Perform pre-admission screening and admissions efficiently and expeditiously.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Strong organizational skills.
- Handle all job-related information in strict confidence.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Participate in the quality management process and PI activities.
- Attend continuing education programs to develop greater professional skills.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
Travel: Never or Rarely
Degree in Nursing (RN), PT, OTR, SLP or LCSW.
3-5 years of hospital or rehabilitation experience (at least 1 year inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.