RN Job In Dayton, Ohio
RN - Cardiovascular Management Unit (Nights) - GrandviewNext Steps... Apply Now
Job Type Full-Time
Shift 12 Hour Shift
# of Openings 1
Shift Time 1900-0700 (12 hr nights)
Posted Date 11 hours ago
Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit network of eight hospitals, and over 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio's leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 12,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health Network is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
Grandview Medical Center just opened a brand new 23 bed step down cardiovascular management unit in 2018. This unit is newly constructed and houses brand new state of the art equipment.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- The Registered Nurse utilizes the nursing process in providing nursing care to patients in all settings in collaboration with other health care providers.
- The RN is accountable for his/her own professional development and practice within the scope of care defined by law.
- Utilizing organizational resources, the RN acts as a patient advocate for the delivery of safe care including delegation of care and participation in performance and practice improvement activities.
- The delivery of nursing care within the Kettering Health Network reflects the missions, vision, values and philosophies, of the organization and nursing departments.
- Licensed in the state of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (ACEN or CCNE) if they are a new graduate nurse.
- A nurse who is returning to the acute care setting after five or more years may be required to provide evidence of successful completion of a refresher course.
- BLS certification
- ACLS, NRP, PALS as determined by unit scope of practice
Experience Preferences in one or more of these areas
- Cardiovascular experience
- Experience within a Cath Lab
- Experience within a Post Cardiac Cath/Surgery Care Unit
- Step down ICU experience
- Experience with Cardiac Telemetry.
- CABG - Care to post
- Coronary Angiogram
- CCRN - Certified Critical Care RN
- Swan Ganz Catheterization
Key words: cardiac, heart and vascular, telemetry, cath lab