Non-Clinical Entry Level Job In Miamisburg, Ohio
Scheduler II - Patient Access - Full Time - DaysNext Steps... Apply Now
Job Category Patient Financial Services
Job Type Full-Time
Shift First Shift
# of Openings 9
Shift Time Days
Posted Date 2 weeks ago
Are you looking to join and engage in a customer service driven opportunity in healthcare that provides a very important and valuable function?
Kettering Health Network is looking for a Scheduler II to serve as a first point of contact for patients looking to schedule medical appointment at one of Kettering Health Network's patient care facilities.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Scheduler II position duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a first point of contact for new and reoccurring patients scheduling various appointments with clinical facilities around the network.
- Maintain interpersonal relationships with patients visitors, and other office personnel, while assuring confidentiality of patient information
- Actively participates in process improvement by sharing thoughts and ideas in a constructive manner either orally or written form
- Keep Manager informed of situations involving discretionary concerns.
- Using an electronic scheduling system, assist patients and physicians in scheduling appointments to ensure appointments are scheduled as expeditiously as possible.
- Communicate and coordinate with other work units and other hospital departments to facilitate accurate and complete registrations.
- High school or GED diploma required
- One or more years of medical office experience
- One year customer service experience
- M-F 11:00 a.m.-7 p.m. or 10 a.m.- 6:30 p.m.
- Some college preferred
- Courses in medical terminology preferred
- Patient Registration/scheduling experience
- EPIC / Hospital EMR experience
- Physician office / Hospital Department Experience
- Physician Office Scheduling
- Hospital Department Scheduling
- Outpatient Scheduling
- Radiology Clerical Experience
- Call Center (because we are very busy)
- Health Unit coordinator
- Patient Registration
- ED Registration