RN Job In Dallas, Texas
Psychiatric Svs Asst Svs MgrNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.PRIMARY PURPOSE
Assists with the daily management of assigned employees within Psychiatric Services to include staff supervision and development, planning, budget, quality and facility operations and coordinating patient services to ensure high quality patient care and optimal outcomes. Serves as a patient advocate and staff resource to ensure safe, efficient and effective nursing services.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing; OR,
- Must be working toward Bachelor's degree in Nursing and complete degree within three years of placement in job.
- Must have two years of nursing experience in Psychiatric or Emergency Services.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license with the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current Healthcare Provider CPR (CPR-HP) course completion card from one of the following:
oAmerican Heart Association
oAmerican Red Cross Rescuer
oMilitary Training Network.
- Must have Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing certification or obtain within one year of placement into the role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) within 30 days of placement in role whichever date is greater.
- Must have SAMA certification, levels 1-4 or must obtain within 30 days of hire or placement into the job. Must have SAMA certification before first clinical orientation shift.
Required Tests for Placement:
- Applicants must pass (85% or above) Dosage Calculation Exam prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Dosage Calculation Exam on file.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Must be capable of serving as a clinical resource for staff.
- Must have a working knowledge of assigned department operations including policies, personnel and budget management.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective management skills.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills in working with a diverse population of physicians, patients, nursing staff, management and administration.
- Must have knowledge of Parkland rules, regulations and policies relating to personnel and patient rights.
- Must be effective in working independently and capable of leadership.
- Must demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.