Billing and Insurance Specialist Job In Hammond, Indiana
Collections SpecialistNext Steps... Apply Now
2434 Interstate Plaza Dr.
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Persistent, organized financial support
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Some people love getting to the bottom of things -- chasing down claims, resolving accounts, digging through the details to identify discrepancies and needs. Yes, we’re talking about people who love collections. And it takes a love of getting into the details to do this job well.
Do you have top notch customer service and data entry skills? Are you good at following through on inquiries? Are you accurate and organized? We’d love to talk to you about working here.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure follow-up of claims on a timely basis and adheres to contractually binding conditions.
- Daily review of system work-list, reports, and/or ATB to resolve accounts which have not been paid within 30 days of claim submission.
- Contact the appropriate payer to ensure payment is received within 45 days of submission of a clean claim.
- Daily review of denials and payment discrepancies identified on EOB, RA, or Payer Correspondence.
- Take necessary action to address denial, determine true payment source and take steps to secure payment.
- Contact patients for additional information needed to get claim paid.
- Verify additional information received, update account in billing systems and generate rebills as needed.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Interact with others in a calm, friendly and caring manner
- Active listening skills and empathy toward others
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Follow well-defined instructions and comply with regulations, standards and procedures
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
BILLING & HEALTH INFORMATION
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.