Business Professional Job In Crown Point, Indiana
Director Ethics ProgrammingNext Steps... Apply Now
1201 South Main Street
Crown Point, IN 46307
Master's RequiredWHAT WE NEED
A compassionate, servant leaderWHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Franciscan, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Franciscan, you will feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. .
The Director Ethics Programming oversees the creation and implementation of ethics programming for Franciscan Health, consistent with Catholic religious teachings and beliefs. Our Director also supports other aspects of the Ethics Department's program in order to dreate and sustain an intentional catholic presence and culture of excellence in ethics across the organization.
This position reports to the System Ethicist and will serve in a Catholic ministerial position.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design, implement, provide training and continuously review and improve programming the strategic vision for the initial and on-going education/formation in ethics for all persons serving within Franciscan Health.
- In collaboration with the Corporate Ethicist participate in the implementation of the strategic vision for Graduate Medical Education in Ethics.
- Facilitate the mechanics of reviewing and revising Corporate Ethics policies.
- Support Ethics Work Groups and Discernment Processes as well as the development of resulting summation/advisory papers.
- Work with the Corporate Ethicist with the design and implementation of the Corporate Ethics policy education.
- Serve as staff for the Corporate Ethics Subcommittee of the Corporate Mission Integration Committee.
- Provide educational resources, as needed, for divisional/local ethics committees
- Participate in the semi-annual meeting of the chairs of divisional/local ethics committees
- In collaboration with the Corporate Ethicist participate in the implementation of the strategic vision for on-going education of Franciscan IRBs.
- In collaboration with the Corporate Ethicist, participate and implement an agenda for the Annual Corporate Ethics Symposium.
- Assist the Corporate Ethicist in the on-going education of NCBC graduates.
- Support the work of the Corporate Palliative Care Councils.
- In collaboration with the Corporate Ethicist prepare the annual budget for the Corporate Ethics Department and manage program expenses within the approved budget.
- In consultation with the Corporate Ethicist develop a personal program of growth in understanding of Catholic healthcare ethics.
- Completed or in process of completing a Master Degree in Roman Catholic Eithics, or willingness to intense training in Roman Catholic Ethics.
- Willingness and ability to represent and apply the moral teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Prior experience in clinical health care ethics and practice, or wllingness to intense training in clinical health care ethics and practice.
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people with collaboration and presentation skills.
- Initiative, good judgement, and leadership ability.
- Clear thinking, communicating effectively and of travel as required by the job.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
3-5 Years Experience
License(s): Not Applicable
Certification(s): Not Applicable
Travel:Up to 20%
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.