Health Education Specialist Job In Hammond, Indiana
Education CoordinatorNext Steps... Apply Now
Home Health Administration
5454 Hohman Avenue
WHAT WE NEED
A goal-oriented education coordinator
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Helping others do their job well is a special skill all its own. Continuing education requires a coordinator who can develop educational activities and evaluate them for improvements. It’s a great job for someone who loves variety and helping others exceed performance improvement initiatives.
Are you good at helping others? Are you a planner? Do you enjoy presenting with a wide variety of instructional techniques? Have you been told that you’re a good trainer? We are looking for someone just like you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Plan, implement, and evaluate the orientation program for new personnel.
- Utilize needs assessment and continuing education guidelines to identify and develop courses for current staff as identified.
- Develop educational activities consistent with established guidelines for multiple disciplines.
- Maintain record of continuing education for program staff.
- Meet program objectives.
- Coordinate with Management staff to ensure smooth transition of new associates.
- Assess competency of field staff during educational sessions.
- Assist Management staff in complying with regulatory changes and staff development.
- Foster change and integration of current CMS Evidence-Based Practices into department daily practice.
- Assist in development and implementation of policies and procedures specific to home care.
- Assist in educational aspect of implementation of corrective action.
- Conduct random/scheduled audits and report findings, identify deviations from best practice and program standards.
- Participate in field visits to monitor and further develop staff care.
- Review admission assessments and nursing practices to evaluate understanding and practice for professional staff.
- Incorporate regulatory and compliance standards into ongoing audits and education.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Maintain knowledge of current practice standards for all disciplines and monitor changes or development of those practices.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and verbally.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of home or ambulatory care.
- Utilize established principles and various methods of education to achieve desired outcomes.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
License(s): Registered Nurse
Certification(s): Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Travel:Up to 20%
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.