Medical Research Job In New York, New York
Medical Science Liaison - Infectious DiseaseNext Steps... Apply Now
Category Medical Science Liaison
To act as a conduit of information about use of client's commercialized products, new research developments, clinical trial activities and therapeutic approaches; Cultivate and maintain relationships with academic researchers and thought leaders, attending conferences and talks, and presenting product information to physicians and other healthcare professionals; Travel often and translate dense, academic information into engaging, persuasive messages; Identify, develop, and implement MSL field strategies and tactics and also monitor results.
- Provides fair balanced, objective, scientific information and education to health care professionals and to internal business associates as required by business needs
- Establishes and maintains relationships with health care professionals:
- Scientific exchange with local thought leaders and community-based practicing healthcare professionals.
- Builds relationships with key anesthesiologists, surgeons, intensivists, hospitalists, infectious disease, gastroenterologists and other HCPs and Scientists.
- Participates in various advisory board meetings.
- Participates in the identification and completion of clinical trials:
- Responds to requests from physicians interested in investigator-initiated trials.
- Works with investigators and/or client study coordinators to maximize enrollment inclient-sponsored clinical trials.
- Participates in the education of healthcare professionals andclient employees:
- Participates in the provision of medical information at scientific/medical meetings at the medical affairs booth.
- Participates in the training of healthcare professionals in the use of our products.
- Serves as a resource in the education of sales, marketing and other internal functions.
- Participates on Product Team meetings and or new product task forces as needed.
- Responsible for building external relationships with recognized experts in therapeutic and managed markets/health care systems areas of interest to identify and address scientific needs and stay abreast of current scientific trends
- Participates in the identification and publication of scientific materials, including but not limited to medical letters, scientific marketing materials and possibly investigator-initiated publications.
- Monitors and reviews literature resources regarding competitors' products and updates department on relevant new literature
- Responsible for conducting all activities in accordance with Company policies as well as current regulatory and health care compliance guidelines
minimum 3 years pharma industry experience; 2 years clinical experience with preference for hospital-based products; strong presentation and interaction skills; experience in providing evidence based scientific and clinical information to the medical community; proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Education: Advanced degree (PharmD, MD, PhD) required.
Other: Minimum 50%-60% domestic travel, in assigned territories, to corporate office, to national/medical meetings.
Essential Skills and Abilities: - Knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical industry legal and regulatory guidelines - Strong team, leadership, and planning - Excellent written/verbal communication skills - Strong presentation and teaching skills - Strong interpersonal skills - Strong organizational skills - Ability to learn and convey clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively - Ability to work independently - Ability to lead and influence key decision makers - Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships - Ability to travel 50-60% - Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 35 pounds - Proficiency in Windows, Excel, Word, Power Point and other software skills