Medical Research Job In Charlotte, North Carolina
Medical Science Liaison Southeast Territory: FL/GA/SC/NC/TN/AL/MSNext Steps... Apply Now
Category Medical Science Liaison
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will represent the client and its product to treat Chronic Nasal Inflammatory Diseases (CNID). The MSL will be critical in establishing and maintaining robust educational and collaborative relationships with Allergy and ENT External Experts, as well as academic medical centers, their residency and fellowship training programs, investigators, and other healthcare professionals managing patients with CNID. The MSL will gain key insights into the current management of CNID and address the identified needs of key stakeholders by providing relevant and compliant medical and scientific support.
- Establish the client as a leading biopharmaceutical company dedicated to creating value through the combination of a breakthrough technology platform for drug delivery with existing, well-characterized drugs to profoundly improve patient treatments in areas of substantial ongoing need.
- Build and strengthen professional relationships with local/regional/national allergy and ENT subject matter experts whose scientific expertise and knowledge are important to the acceptance and understanding of the client's products by serving as a key clinical/scientific resource to these experts and their supporting staff.
- As appropriate, engage in product and disease state discussions and presentations to various external and internal stakeholders.
- Identify and engage External Experts whose knowledge and expertise supports the client's business through company activities including, but not limited to, participating in Advisory Boards, clinical trials, publications, and as speakers on topics related to Company interests.
- Support the creation of educational and presentation materials by providing timely feedback based on key insights acquired through interactions with External Experts.
- When appropriate, identify and communicate internally, new research concepts that are within the company's strategic interests (Investigator Sponsored Studies).
- Continually monitor external medical and scientific environment to sustain expertise in disease state management, new therapies, competitive landscape (products and features) and assess implications to the client's business.
- Appropriately gather and communicate competitive information.
- Provide scientific support at conferences and meetings, i.e., congresses, advisory meetings, etc.
- Support product/disease state training to cross-functional colleagues, as requested.
- As requested, deliver presentations to payer groups and formulary committees.
- Appropriately and compliantly respond to customer inquiries to ensure relevant and appropriate
- Expected Travel: 20-25% regionally
- Experienced healthcare professionals: PharmD, PhD, MD, DO, NP, or other terminal degree, with at least 2 years' field experience in pharmaceutical industry or a Master's degree in a scientific discipline and at least 8 years field experience
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication Knowledge of FDA and PhRMA Code requirements
- Allergy, ENT, pulmonary or immunology scientific knowledge and experience a plus
- Payer experience a plus
- Customer Focused and solutions/results oriented
- Interpersonal Savvy with high emotional intelligence
- Extremely collaborative with successful experience working in a matrix environment
- Business Acumen
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and instructional skills