Medical Research Job In Dallas, Texas
Transplant Medical Science Liaison - DallasNext Steps... Apply Now
Category Medical Science Liaison
Medical Science Liaison
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will apply his/her background in transplant patient care and use of laboratory tests in patient management to educate physicians and transplant coordinators about the clinical value of the client's tests as non-invasive methods to monitor transplant recipients for organ rejection. The MSL will be familiar with current best practices of post-transplant patient management and will explain how diagnostic tests are useful in patient care. Excellent communication skills are essential for the MSL who will operate from a home-based office. Significant travel is required to visit transplant clinics affiliated with teaching hospitals located in the region.
- Communicate and reinforce the clinical utility of the client's tests
- Develop strong and productive working relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) in the field of transplantation
- Help analyze, interpret, and clarify test results in conjunction with other clinical data
- Provide on-site clinical support at transplant centers through oral presentations, test result data reviews and interactive resolution of clinician queries
- Function as the primary clinical resource for the Transplant Account Manager (TAM) team to support product adoption and expanded use of client's products
- Assist new product development teams in defining unmet needs, product performance requirements, and launch plans
- Provide clinical support for Customer Service inquiries and complaints
- Participate in Medical Advisory Board meetings with KOLs
- Participate in Clinical Workshop meetings with KOLs
- Support company initiatives at clinical and scientific meetings
- Function as a clinical liaison and resource to payer and insurance groups
- Support Clinical Operations as needs with field support at transplant centers participating in sponsored trials
- Health care professionals with relevant clinical sciences knowledge in (kidney and heart preferred) organ transplantation will be considered: RN, Nurse Practitioners, Pharm D, PhD, or MD.
- Prior experience in MSL role highly preferred and/or the introduction of new clinical laboratory tests preferred
- Outstanding oral presentation skills
- Ability to explain how test scores can be used and added to the milieu of other available clinical data, interpret clinical scenarios, and communicate diagnostic and management issues in transplant recipients
- Experience in establishing strong, collaborative working relationships with clinicians
- Experience in establishing strong, collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholder functions (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Regulatory, R&D) and external customers
- Knowledge of molecular biology and immunology helpful
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and collaborative work style
Benefits & Perks: Client provides Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care, Commuter Accounts, 401(k) match, 3 weeks of vacation, 5 days sick leave, 1 personal floating holiday, 9 paid holidays, gym reimbursement, yoga onsite, ping pong, foosball, BBQ's, social hours, and more!
Client, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.