Family Medicine Job In Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Family Medicine Physician - GME Core Faculty - Myrtle Beach, SCNext Steps... Apply Now
Category MD / DO
DrCruiter has been retained by a fantastic medical center to find their new, Family Medicine, Core Faculty GME Physician, WITH OB.
The Family Medicine Residency at the Medical Center is seeking ABMS certified Family Medicine physician with OB who has a keen interest in resident education for our growing resident community based program.
The med center has achieved initial ACGME accreditation and opened in July 2017.
Opportunity to join a great practice and Medical Center affiliated with a major teaching university with an excellence in Cardiac Care and within a growing Level I Trauma Center within 1 mile of the beach in a major tourist area.
Faculty appointments available for interested educators.
The job will be focus on broad array of primary care and Family Medicine problems and teaching of residents about 40-50% of the time.
The characteristics of applicants include adaptability, creativity, personable characteristics as well as enthusiasm for teaching and quality patient care.
** This is an exciting opportunity to participate in building a residency program site in conjunction with an experienced program director that previously ran a resident continuity clinic and will help with the clinic.
We have an interest in candidates willing to assume a leadership role in program development and building this new internal medicine continuity clinic. The faculty is responsible for the care of the patients in their practices through management of a personal panel of patients and the supervision of learners in the care of patients. Applicants must possess or be eligible for medical licensure in the State of South Carolina.
HIGHLY Competitive Salary and Benefits.
Function as a member of the internal medicine faculty with responsibilities including:
* Didactic teaching on ambulatory topics
* Clinical supervision of residents in outpatient settings
* Provision of direct patient care in outpatient settings
* Serving as an advisor and role model for residents
* Learner remediation as required and directed by the program director
* Participation and leadership in quality improvement and patient safety activities
* Participation in program clinical competency and program evaluation committees.
* MD/DO degree
* South Carolina Medical License or Eligible for South Carolina Medical License
* DEA Certificate
* ABIM Board Certified