Medical Research Job In Cleveland, Ohio
Ophthalmology Medical Science LiaisonNext Steps... Apply Now
Category Medical Science Liaison
Client is a company that will inspire you to aim high with your ambition. Where you can build bridges all over the world. Where you can power ideas that drive change. And where you will act fast and drive results for customers and patients. Power your future & join our bold team.
Develops and maintains professional relationships with internal and external customers to provide comprehensive medical and scientific support to Client initiatives in assigned therapeutic areas. Facilitates information, education, and research activities for physicians and ancillary healthcare professionals regarding current and future therapies in development or commercialized by Client. Works closely with other personnel to ensure information, education, and research needs of healthcare professionals are met and to ensure scientific and technical training needs of commercial organizations are identified and met
- Identify, develop and maintain professional relationships with thought leaders, academic centers and researchers in assigned areas of therapeutic interest to ensure access to current medical and scientific information on products.
- Present data on products to healthcare professionals including physicians, academic institutions, researchers, and other health care professionals.
- Guide research initiatives as requested by R&D, Clinical Operations, and Medical Affairs Departments.
- Serve as internal medical and scientific resource to assigned therapeutic areas for development of disease-state and product communications and materials that are medically accurate, balanced, and consistent with regulatory guidelines.
- Support Round Table and Advisory Board sessions to ensure accuracy of scientific and clinical data.
- Conducts on-going training to medical affairs, field sales and other internal personnel as directed.
- Knowledge of applicable pharmaceutical industry legal and regulatory guidelines
- Conveys information clearly, using a variety of media, to individuals and groups
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and teaching skills
- Ability to engage the audience and convey clinical and non-clinical technical information effectively
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Strong team and leadership skills
- Travel up to 60%
- Ophthalmology experience is desired but not required
- MSL experience desired but not required (pharma, device, etc.)