Nurse Practitioner Job In Dallas, Texas
Advanced Practice Provider - Renal ConsultNext Steps... Apply Now
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
PRIMARY PURPOSE Responsible for providing health care for patients in designated primary or specialty area, including patient diagnoses, treatment, education and referrals. Serves as a resource and role model for clinical practice, training, evaluation and direct management of practitioners and students in all areas encompassed by the service line to ensure optimal patient care quality. Assist leadership in assessing, planning, organizing, and implementing designated advanced practice provider activities.
RENAL FIELD - Minimum 1 Year
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN):
- Master's Degree in Nursing accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN).
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and successful completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program recognized by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessors.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- Current employees hired at Parkland before 3/1/2014, may have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross
o Military Training Network.
- Must meet and maintain licensing and registration requirements as delineated by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Medical Staff Rules and Regulations, and Credentialing Policies/Procedures.
- Current, valid Physician Assistant licensure from the Texas Board of Physician Assistants.
- Current certification as a Physician Assistant by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse:
- Current RN licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Current licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with authorization to practice as a Family, Adult, Gerontology, Adult-Gerontology Primary Care, Adult-Gerontology Acute Care, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner, Pediatric, Neonatal, Psychiatric Mental Health or Women's Health Nurse Practitioner. - Must have active certification as Nurse Practitioner by one of the following: - Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) by American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP) ,OR- - Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP) by ANCC or AANPCP , OR - - Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (GNP) by ANCC or AANPCP , OR , - Adult-Gerontology-Primary Care Nurse Practitioner by ANCC or AANPCP ,OR, - Adult-Gerontology-Acute Care Nurse Practitioner by ANCC or American Association of Critical-Care Nurses Certification Corporation (AACNCC) ,OR- - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) by ANCC or AACNCC , OR- - Pediatric Nurse Practitioner , Primary Care (PNP-PC or PPCNP) by Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) or ANCC ,OR- - Pediatric Nurse Practitioner , Acute Care (PNP-AC) by PNCB ,OR- - Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) by NCC ,OR - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) by ANCC , OR - Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (WHCNP) by National Certification Corporation. Clinical Nurse Specialist: - Current RN licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license. - Current licensure from the Texas Board of Nursing as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with authorization to practice as a Clinical Nurse Specialist. - Must have active certification as described below by one of the following: - Adult Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) by ANCC or AACNCC , OR- - Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) by ANCC or AACNCC
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act or Texas Medical Board Rules, as applicable to licensure, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Must demonstrate leadership ability through both superior clinical skills and as a practice development resource.
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have effective leadership skills to include motivation, recruitment, retention, and change management.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of Parkland policies, structure, procedures, and mission.
- Must demonstrate patient centered behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
There's plenty to enjoy about Parkland's location in Dallas. Whatever your interests, you'll find Dallas will fit your life well. A cosmopolitan city, there’s a diversity of cultural, sporting, shopping and recreational opportunities here. And with more restaurants per capita than New York City, the dining options are both plentiful and delicious. Dallas is a great place to make a life where work and play, productivity and leisure are in perfect balance.
At Parkland, our professionals are fulfilling our commitment to the Dallas community. Continually pushing forward with the latest technology, tools and treatments, the staff at Parkland provides noteworthy care.
- We're a premier training center for the nation’s top physicians, serving as the primary teaching and research hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas.
- Our trauma and burn centers are recognized internationally—our regional burn center pioneered skin graft techniques, infection control and nutritional support for burn patients.
- Parkland delivers more babies each year than any other hospital in the country and our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit cares for more critically ill infants than any other hospital nationwide.