RN Job In Kettering, Ohio
RN First Assist - PRN - Operating Room - Kettering Medical CenterNext Steps... Apply Now
Job Category Nursing
Job Type Resource (PRN)
Shift Varied Shifts
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 6 months ago
KETTERING HEALTH NETWORK AT A GLANCE
Taking pride in our Sacred Work, Kettering Health Network is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for our patients and their families. We strive to improve the quality of life of those in our community. Located in southwest Ohio, Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit network of eight hospitals, nine emergency departments and 120 outpatient facilities.
KETTERING MEDICAL CENTER OPERATING ROOM
The Kettering Medical Center Operating Room consists of 21 operating suites with cases involving general, heart, orthopedic, neuro, and robotic surgery. Kettering Medical Center is a Level II trauma facility that has earned national recognition in Orthopedics and Heart care, further supporting the innovation of the Operating Room team. The Operating Room is dedicated to physician and staff engagement, demonstrated through strong partnerships and a team-oriented environment.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Assists physicians in surgery and may perform specific significant surgical tasks under professional supervision.
- Surgical tasks include, but are not limited to, opening and closing surgical sites, exposure of the surgical site, harvesting grafts, dissecting tissue, removing tissue, implanting devices, and altering tissues.
- Under professional supervision, the RN First Assist performs task which include, but are not limited to, applying and removing splints and/or casts, placing Foley catheters, placing IV's, placing arterial lines, administering local anesthesia, and other such procedures as requested and necessary.
- National certification for Surgical First Assist or Surgical Assistant
- Current BLS certification
- ACLS, NRP, and PALS as determined by unit scope of practice
- Minimum of 1-year experience as an OR RN