RN Job In Kettering, Ohio
RN - Operating Room - Kettering Medical CenterNext Steps... Apply Now
Job Category Nursing
Job Type Full-Time
Shift Varied Shifts
# of Openings 5
Posted Date 12 hours ago
KETTERING HEALTH NETWORK AT A GLANCE
Taking pride in our Sacred Work, Kettering Health Network is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for our patients and their families. We strive to improve the quality of life of those in our community. Located in southwest Ohio, Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit network of eight hospitals, nine emergency departments and 120 outpatient facilities.
KETTERING MEDICAL CENTER OPERATING ROOM
The Kettering Medical Center Operating Room consists of 21 operating suites with cases involving general, heart, orthopedic, neuro, and robotic surgery. Kettering Medical Center is a Level II trauma facility that has earned national recognition in Orthopedics and Heart care, further supporting the innovation of the Operating Room team. The Operating Room is dedicated to physician and staff engagement, demonstrated through strong partnerships and a team-oriented environment.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Our Perioperative Registered Nurse will have the opportunity to scrub and circulate during surgical procedures. O.R. Nurses may have the opportunity to work in many of our subspecialty areas, which include General, Ortho, Heart, Neuro, and Robotic surgeries
- The other direct and individualized expectations include the following:
- Will assist the surgeon by passing instruments and other items needed during the procedures, within the sterile field
- Anticipate the needs of each surgeon in regards to articles, instruments and the positioning of the patient
- Works in a scrub and circulating role
- Observe patient during surgical procedure
- Plan and evaluate the needs of the patient prior, during and after the surgical procedure
- Adhere and maintain aseptic techniques to ensure continuity of care
- Act as the patient advocate for the delivery of safe care
- Minimum of 2 years experience circulating in the OR with orthopedics, neurosurgery and/or robotics experience.
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing (ACEN or CCNE)
- Bachelor of Science in nursing preferred. Effective June 2010, all RNs hired are required to obtain within 5-years of hire.
- Must be actively licensed in the State of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
- Current BLS certification is required
- ACLS, NRP, and PALS as determined by unit scope of practice