Nurse Practitioner Job In San Mateo, California
Part-Time Nurse Practitioner (Pool)Next Steps... Apply Now
San Mateo, California, , United States
Job ID: 47240038
Position Title: Part-Time Nurse Practitioner (Pool)
Company Name: San Mateo County Community College District
Sector: College / University
Entry Level: false
Part-Time Nurse Practitioner (Pool)
San Mateo County Community College District
Posting Number: 2014044F
Department: Human Resources DIST (DEPT)
Location: Caada College, College of San Mateo, Skyline College
Position Number: PTF040
Percentage of Full Time: Varies
FLSA: Exempt (does not accrue overtime)
Months per Year: other
If other, please specify: Semester assignments as needed
Salary Range: Placement on the adjunct faculty salary schedule is based upon education and credited experience. Initial placement can range from $65.34 up to $89.20 per hour.
Position Type: Part-Time Faculty, Temporary
The Colleges seek a part-time faculty member in Health Services. The ideal candidate will share the Colleges' commitment to educating a racially and socioeconomically diverse student population.
This position is a "pool" position meaning that openings may or may not be currently available. The District maintains a "pool" of applications for positions which are needed on an ongoing basis at Canada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College. The advantage of "pool" positions is when a position becomes available, the Dean may immediately begin screening applications from the available pool of applicants without having to post a position and wait while the position is being advertised. Your application for this position will be kept current for a period of three years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties below are representative of the duties of the classification and are not intended to cover all of the duties performed by the incumbent(s) of any particular position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the scope of work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this classification.
1. Performs history and physical examinations
2. Diagnoses and manages acute and chronic conditions
3. Orders, conducts, and interprets appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests
4. Prescribes pharmacological agents and non-pharmacological therapies
5. Provides reproductive health services, including: contraceptives, PAP smears, and STI testing and treatment
* Master's degree or above in nursing AND a California Public Health Nurse certificate OR a Bachelor's degree in nursing, a California Public Health Nurse certificate, AND a Master's degree or above in health education, sociology, psychology, counseling, health care administration, public health, or community health OR the equivalent (see below) * Active California Registered Nurse License * Active California Nurse Practitioner Certification * Active California Nurse Practitioner Furnishing License * Active DEA license * Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff
Equivalence to Minimum Qualifications:
For persons applying for this position based on Equivalence, please answer the supplemental question on the online application indicating one or more of the following: Degree Equivalence
The applicant possesses a degree(s) with similar content to those listed for the relevant discipline. The name of the degree is close to that specified on the Disciplines List but the degree either has a different title or area of expertise or the coursework is slightly different.
Academic Background Equivalence
Related to disciplines in which a Master's Degree is not generally expected or available. The applicant must have completed at least 24 semester units of coursework in the academic field and must possess at least the equivalent level of achievement and the equivalent in breadth, depth of understanding, and rigor in each of the following:
i) a broad cultural education usually met by the general education requirements for any Bachelor's or Associate's Degree, and
ii) a detailed study of the discipline in breadth, depth, and rigor, usually met by course work required for the degree major.
Professional Achievement Equivalence
The applicant must have completed the General Education requirements for that degree and show evidence of outstanding professional achievement and/or substantial training in the requested field. The applicant must submit substantial evidence, which demonstrates that his/her preparation, teaching experience, work experience, and ability are equivalent to those expected from a person who meets the minimum qualifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Screening Committee will interview candidates from those applicants who, in addition to having the requirements, give evidence of any or all of the following:
1. Recent successful experience in a student health services, emergency care, public health services, or health education setting
2. Posses an understanding of and commitment to the role and purpose of the community college
3. Knowledge and experience with disadvantaged and underrepresented students
4. Knowledge of a variety of innovative health education strategies, techniques, and practices
5. Skill in oral and written communication
6. Skill in implementing both short and long range operational plans and procedures
7. Knowledge of and skill in working under federal, state, and local regulations, policies, and procedures
8. Proficiency in use of a variety of computer software and database programs related to student and other educational services
9. Knowledge of budget management and reporting
10. Skill and ability to work independently as a self-starter
11. Knowledge of goal-oriented team and collaboration skills
The San Mateo County Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to employ individuals who represent the rich diversity of cultures, language groups, and abilities of its surrounding communities.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.smccd.edu/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency