Medical Assistant Job In Lafayette, Indiana
Medical AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
Franciscan Physician Network
3900 St. Francis Way
Lafayette, IN 47905
WHAT WE NEED
Floating Certified Medical Assistant
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Franciscan Physician Network relies on an electronic health record system from EPIC to manage our patient records and transactions. As with any EHR system, the medical records must be consistently documented and managed. Our CMA/EPIC Superuser performs both standard medical assistant patient care while also leading medical staff in using EPIC applications accurately and in line with best practices. If you enjoy patient care and computer support, this is a great balance for you.
Are you a Certified Medical Assistant? Do you enjoy working in a variety of offices and with different people? Do you have excellent customer service skills with both patients and peers? We’d like to talk to you about our current opening.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support medical record management and promote compliance with documentation requirements.
- Assist with department, integrated, and usability testing of Epic applications.
- Lead, reinforce, and validate standard workflows and best practices and provide front line support for all users within the department.
- Work with the project team to assist in identifying and resolving standard workflow or application issues.
- Attend daily Epic go live meetings, report back outcomes regarding department and distribute daily communications to help implement changes.
- Assist with documenting data collected during the patient care process via electronic or paper medical record.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- May assist as needed with patient care, rooming, coordinating and monitoring patient treatment plans.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Good communication skills in dealing with patients, physicians and other personnel.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to trouble shoot Electronic Medical Record (EMR) issues.
- Proficient in EPIC.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
Certification(s): Certified Medical Assistant
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law. Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights. Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.