Food Services Job In Oakland, California
Cook - MercyNext Steps... Apply Now
Job Category Culinary Services
Who We Are
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks all menu items for residents, employees and special events.
- Prepares both regular and therapeutic diet menu items.
- Follows menus and standards in preparing food on a timely basis, in sufficient quality and quantity, incorporating all food service requirements, service schedule, and sanitation standards.
- Properly uses a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as blenders, grinders, slicers, griddle and ovens.
- Ensures that production activities, including receiving, food handling, storage, recipe compliance, quality of prepared product, and appearance of finished product comply with community and regulatory standards.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Must possess effective English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Efficient time management in planning and preparing quality meals and snacks.
- Positive attitude and work ethic.
- Current First Aid Training and Certifications as per Title 22.
- 1 to 2 years minimum in food preparation, preferably in a senior care setting.