Nurse Practitioner Job In Portland, Oregon
Nurse Practitioner - Palliative CareNext Steps... Apply Now
Job Location: Multiple Locations
Department: Palliative Care
Position Status: Regular Full-Time
Avg Hrs/Wk: 40
Pay Range: USD $48.22/Hr. - USD $71.85/Hr.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work_Days: Mon-Fri, no weekends
Every day, patients look to the skilled professionals at Legacy to make their lives better. They seek care that is as compassionate as it is innovative. Our patients want to be involved in their healthcare decisions; they want to feel respected. If you strive to deliver this level of care, every day, you may be a perfect fit in our healthcare community.
This position works in collaboration with physicians to provide complete physical examinations, diagnosis, and treatment of both chronic and episodic disorders. Assigned principal responsibility for primary health care of patients. Seeks the expert opinion or advice of a physician whenever the incumbent decides a case falls outside the scope authorized by policies and protocol.
The Nurse Practitioner typically remains responsible for the patient throughout the course of treatment, provides the physical examination, the diagnosis, and the health care plan, determines when the patient has recovered, and releases the patient. The Nurse Practitioner may refer the patient to a physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment, but retains responsibility for clinical management as well as any subsequent modification.
- Assesses the physical condition of a group of patients by performing physical examinations including ordering, interpreting and evaluating diagnostic tests and obtaining medical histories. Assumes ongoing responsibility for each patient from discovery of the disorder to recovery.
- Formulates the medical plan and prognosis based on patient's condition.
- Consults with physician(s) regarding patient health care plans and treatment.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess the patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Performs selected invasive procedures for therapeutic and/or diagnostic reasons within scope of validated competence.
- Initiates and/or recommends medical drug therapies or other forms of related therapeutic treatment and procedures in accordance with approved protocols/policy.
- Complies with medical records policies regarding the complete and accurate documentation of patient care. Initiates and maintains required records and legal documents.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Counsels patients, families and significant others about health and illness, and promotes health maintenance.
- Establishes and documents the health care plan and prognosis, maintaining records of each case and evaluates the effectiveness of the plan.
- Initiates drug therapy, taking full responsibility for such therapy. Consults with a physician prior to implementing the therapy, as necessary.
- Determines when the patient has recovered from the disorder and releases the patient.
As required by licensure.
Clinical experience requirements are dependent upon the specific position, and include a minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field.
Basic familiarity with computers preferred.
LEGACY'S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy's Values in Action.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled