Medical Technician/Technologist Job In Oakland, California
Medication Assistant / Med Tech - OaklandNext Steps... Apply Now
Job Category Clinical Services
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
A Medications Assistant/Med Tech:
- Responsible for dispensing resident's medications, administering prescribed treatments, and maintaining medication documentation and control.
- Demonstrates an understanding of safety procedures and precautions regarding the resident.
- Identifies any side effects or problems, and reports refusals to Supervisor and physician.
- Maintains thorough documents.
- Participates in medication audits.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Successful completion of Med Tech Training program.
- Minimum of six months experience in long term care, home care, or a related field.
- Working knowledge of computers and keyboarding in order to be successful with electronic health record systems.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English and the ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
"Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status"