Physician Assistant Job In Oakdale, California
Physician AssistantNext Steps... Apply Now
oakdale, California, 95361, United States
Position Title: Physician Assistant
Company Name: Oak Valley Hospital District
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Required Travel: None
Oak Valley Hospital District is the largest employer in Oakdale, CA. With nearly 600 employees, our culture, mission, and vision are all designed around excellent and safe patient care. Oak Valley Hospital District is a full service, non-profit public hospital created to provide residents of Oakdale and the surrounding rural communities with access to superior quality medical information, treatment, and care. In addition to our hospital, we have four community health clinics, a five-star rated long term care center, and our own ambulance service. Our unwavering dedication to providing premium medical service in the greater Oakdale area drives every decision we make. Our ongoing commitment is to the health and well-being of the Oakdale population.
Our Physician Assistant position is an excellent opportunity, offering a base of $152,000, a Physician Assistant bonus program,
15.9% pension, very low health insurance costs, 5xs annual salary no cost life insurance (max at $500k), relocation assistance, and temporary housing.
- Under the Providers direction, provides primary care services to clinic patients including prescribing, dispensing or transmitting medications in accordance with Delegation of Services Agreement (DSA).
- Provides general counseling, guidance, and health instructions to individual patients and family members.
- Participates in the monthly medical staff meetings as required.
- Assists the Medical Director and staff physicians in organizing and implementing appropriate quality assurance activities.
- Works independently with minimum on-site supervision.
- Functions as part of a team in the provision of patient-care and performance of daily activities.
- May be assigned to work in any department according to OVHD policy.
- Performs physical examinations off-site utilizing designated employer examination guidelines.
Satisfactory completion of a formal Physician's Assistant Training Program at an accredited institution
- Knowledge and understanding of customs and beliefs and needs of a consumer group(s) served
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- One (1) year experience as a Physician Assistant
- Primary care/clinic experience
Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
Able to record information accurately in English
Bilingual (English/Spanish), written and verbal, preferred
Current California Certification as a Physician's Assistant
Masters level preferred or equivalent
Current AHA BLS
Brian Beck, PHR, SHRM-CP, MHROD
Vice President of Human Resources