RN Job In Portland, Oregon
RN Resident - Program Application - August 5, 2019 Cohort 19Next Steps... Apply Now
Job Location: Multiple Locations
Department: Clinical Practice Support
Position Status: Regular Full-Time
Avg Hrs/Wk: 36
Pay Range: USD $37.57/Hr. - USD $38.58/Hr.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work_Days: Variable schedule, with weekends/holidays
Shift: Variable as needed
The Legacy nursing philosophy focuses on patients and their families. Our nurses embody this philosophy in everything they do, as advocates, communicators, problem-solvers and caregivers. Their expertise is sought after and respected by our health care team. In short, they are the face of wellness at Legacy. Does this sound like an environment in which you could thrive? If so, we invite you to consider this opportunity.
Under the supervision and guidance of an assigned RN preceptor, or mentor, the Nurse Resident develops the basic knowledge and clinical skills necessary to function independently in a Registered Nurse position. The Nurse Resident is a recent nursing graduate with less than one year of nursing experience.
Positions may be available at any Legacy facility: Emanuel, Good Samaritan, Meridian Park, Mount Hood, Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel, Salmon Creek, Silverton*, and Unity Center for Behavioral Health.
Summer 2019 RN Residency Program Application
Application deadline: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 5pm PST
In person first round interviews: Thursday, May 23, 2019
Program start date: Monday, August 5, 2019
- Oregon or Washington RN license, as applicable, must be active by the Friday before the program's start date.
- Current American Heart Association BLS (Healthcare provider level course) required.Less than one-year experience as a registered nurse by the application deadline.
- Minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA required from the school where you have or will obtain your nursing degree.
- A bachelor's degree in nursing is required, unless you are a current Legacy employee enrolled in an ADN to BSN program by program start date.
The complete application will include the following:
1. On-line application
2. Completed questionnaire and personal statement (this will be sent to applicants at a later date and before the application deadline)
3. Professional rsum: Please provide a list of your clinical rotations (facilities & departments / number of hours). Include where you will complete or have completed your senior practicum or preceptorship if known. Include any previous healthcare related employment, additional education, accolades, volunteer work etc. if applicable.
Expect two rounds of interviews. Information regarding the specific location of the first round of interviews will be made available to the qualified candidates via email, after the application deadline.
After the first round of interviews, hiring managers will contact candidates of interest for the next phase in the recruitment process. The second round of interviews will take place within the last two months before the program's start date. Final interviews are typically held at the unit and medical center that is hiring. For out of town applicants, second interviews may take place via Skype. Exact dates are dependent on hiring manager availability.
References for the RN Residency program will only be requested from selected applicants who complete final interviews with hiring managers. After the final interview, we will contact you via email to request your reference information. If you are selected for a final interview, please watch for an email from Legacy Health Employment Services for instructions on how to submit your references. We do not require letters of recommendation.
An official transcript from an accredited school of nursing showing completion of your nursing program and a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA from the school where you have obtained your nursing degree, will only be requested from selected applicants who complete final interviews with hiring managers.
Program participation agreement
All candidates accepted into the RN Residency Program will be asked to sign an employment agreement stating a commitment to the Legacy Health unit of hire for a period of 24 months following completion of the 18-week precepted time. This document will be provided during the on-boarding process for all new hires accepted into this program.
If selected to participate in the RN Residency Program you will be hired into a full time, benefited position on a specific Legacy unit.
All application materials must be submitted and must be received by the application deadline with no exceptions.
Due to the large number of applicants we are unable to provide information on the receipt or status of your application packet.
Visit Legacy's RN Residency webpage here for more information
*The RN position at Legacy Silverton Medical Center falls under an agreement between the Oregon Nurses Association and Silverton Medical Center and will include union dues. For further information, please see the general ONA website: http://www.oregonrn.org/ and the Silverton Medical Center specific ONA webpage: http://www.oregonrn.org/?page=90 . This website houses information about the representatives, bylaws, benefits, policies, a copy of the contract, membership application, news and updates.
The Nurse Resident:
- Participates in classroom, simulation, and actual clinical learning experiences to develop professional nursing practice knowledge and skills.
- Provides evidence-based care to patients under the direction and guidance of an assigned preceptor or expert nurse resource.
- Receives evaluation and feedback, and direct observation by the assigned preceptors, mentors, Nurse Educator and and/or Manager.
- Recognizes own limitations and is willing to ask for help, assistance, support or expertise as needed.
- Demonstrates progressive proficiency and independence in performing selected clinical skills.
- Able to synthesize data from multiple sources to effectively determine a course of action and plan of care.
- Implements a plan of care/nursing actions based on sound scientific rationale.
- Integrates components of the nursing process into the patient's care experience.
- Demonstrates organizational skill in the prioritization of care, time management and the utilization of time, human and material resources.
- Utilizes effective communication within assigned work group and the broader the interdisciplinary team.
- Displays flexibility, adaptability and self-reliance as a care team member.
- Assumes responsibility for own learning needs and professional development
As required by licensure. BSN required. For internal candidates only, the BSN requirement may be met if the employee is enrolled in an RN to BSN program with an expected completion date prior to December 31, 2020.
Minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA required from the school where you have, or will obtain your nursing degree.
Less than one year of RN experience.
LEGACY'S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy's Values in Action.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Current applicable state RN license required.
BLS Healthcare Provider required. Other specialty specific certifications as applicable may be required after hire.