Physician Assistant Job In Charleston, South Carolina
Physician Assistant Principal FacultyNext Steps... Apply Now
Charleston, South Carolina, 29406, United States
Job ID: 47274882
Position Title: Physician Assistant Principal Faculty
Company Name: Charleston Southern University
Practice Type: College or University
Sector: Education / Faculty - PA
Entry Level: false
Min Education: Master's Degree
Charleston Southern University is searching for a principal faculty member. The faculty member will serve on the clinical team under the guidance of the Director of Clinical Education and the Program Director. Primary responsibilities will include assisting in the recruitment and retention of preceptors for PA students, making site visits to ensure the quality of clinical rotations, and participating in the education of PA students in the didactic year. This is a 12 month salaried full-time position with excellent benifits.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of supervised clinical practice experiences for students.
- Assists with the schedule for the clinical year which includes the coordination of students and instructional faculty during supervised clinical practice experiences and student Call Back Days.
- Conducts clinical site visits as needed to ensure the quality of clinical rotations.
- Assists in the assessment of the clinical phase of the program to include evaluation of student performance, preceptor performance and clinical site quality.
- Assists in the facilitation and instruction of Call Back Days for students in the clinical year.
- Serves as an instructor in the didactic phase of the program, assisting with the development of content, implementation and evaluation of the curriculum and student performance.
- Serves as an academic advisor to students.
- Participates in the program's ongoing self-assessment, analysis, and accreditation processes.
- Participates on program committees as assigned by the Program Director, such as the Academic and Professionalism Progress Committee, Admissions Committee, Policy Committee, Curriculum Committee and other ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Participates in state and national PA organizations as necessary to promote the program and the profession.
- Represents the PA program through service on committees at the University level as required.
- Pursues professional development in activities outside of the program such as clinical practice, research endeavors or advancement of educational degree as agreed upon by the Program Director and the individual.
- Performs other duties as determined by the Program Director from time to time.
- Graduate of an Accredited Physician Assistant Program.
- NCCPA Certified.
- Academic Experience Preferred.