Mental Health Counselor Job In Lafayette, Indiana
Manager Behavioral HealthNext Steps... Apply Now
1501 Hartford Street
WHAT WE NEED
Caring manager of behavioral health services
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
At Franciscan Health, behavioral health covers body, mind and spirit. Our behavioral health care is planned and overseen by a patient-focused manager. That manager supervises continuity of patient care to understand and address the specific needs of that patient. It’s a traditional management job but with the added twist of ensuring patients find balance and receive compassionate, joyful care.
Can you handle the special challenges of providing compassionate care? Do you communicate well with patients, families and fellow staff? Are you experienced in therapeutic behavioral health? We have a special place that needs your skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Direct, control, and maintain assigned areas of operations.
- Manager Human Resources of the department: hire, train counsel, discipline direct reporting staff positions.
- Maintain responsibility for inter- and intra-departmental communications, special projects, and services.
- Coordinate compliance with HFAP, State, and Federal agencies for assigned areas.
- Establish standards that will provide work measurement so that a level of customer satisfaction can be attained.
- Demonstrate clinical competence.
- Obtain accurate nursing history and documents on appropriate patient records.
- Assess, document, and report physiological and behavioral changes of the patient.
- Formulate an accurate nursing plan of care considering cultural, environmental, psychosocial, economic factors and values.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Utilize time productively.
- Demonstrate flexibility in staffing and adaptability to changes in patient care practice.
- Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
3-5 Years Experience
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.