General Patient Care Job In Dyer, Indiana
Monitor TechnicianNext Steps... Apply Now
Intermediate Care Unit
24 Joliet Street
Holidays; Nights; Weekends
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Observers who can stay on the ball
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Technology has improved health care in many ways. Sometimes though, even the best technology needs a person to intervene. Someone to watch the monitor, interpret the data, and make sure important information is passed to the patient’s care team. We are looking for just that someone.
Are you good at following precise directions? Do you have a pleasant personality? Can you accurately monitor EKG patterns and follow procedures depending on the results? If you said yes, we have a great opportunity waiting.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Demonstrate an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process. Identify arrhythmia’s on patient EKG and notifies appropriate personnel.
- Answer telephones, route callers, take messages and provide routine information to clients or customers.
- Maintain constant surveillance of telemetry units and relay and document pertinent information to appropriate personnel
- Interpret and document cardiac rhythms
- Provide telemetry strips when a new patient arrives and every eight (8) hours and/or change of shift any time change occur in patient rhythm or condition.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment and/or procedures
- Prepare telemetry equipment and anticipate patient admissions and transfers to the unit.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, hospital departments, hospital administration, physicians, patients and the public.
- Maintain an orderly and efficient work environment by planning and executing a daily routine for the performance of clinical and non-clinical tasks for the nursing unit (set priorities and organize workload).
- Proficient Interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Problem solving, degree of discretion, patient care skills, work prioritization, ability to multi-task, basic computer skills.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
0-1 Years Experience
License(s): Electroencephalography Tech
Certification(s): Basic Life Support Program
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.