Business Professional Job In Boulder, Colorado
Activities DirectorNext Steps... Apply Now
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Position at Flatirons Health & Rehab
As an Activities Director and Customer Service Concierge, you will plan and implement activities and experiences for the community residents which fulfill the physical, mental and psychosocial needs and interests of the residents. You will also improve the lives of our customers-especially the patients-families, and fellow employees. You will assist the residents in achieving a different state of mind and developing positive physical, cognitive, emotional and psychological skills with the help of such activities and experiences. You will also be helping with various duties like admission and discharge of all residents, conducting satisfaction surveys, and implementing the I.L.E.E. program. This position works under the supervision of the Executive Director.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Ensure that activities are well planned, advertised, well-attended, and applicable to the residents.
- Promote positive public relations and communication with residents, family members, and guests of the community.
- Help coordinate the admission and discharge of all residents.
- Provide positive and memorable experiences to all residents in the community.
- Maintain general knowledge of age specific developmental factors specific to adult and geriatric residents in planning activity programs.
- Make sure all activity and development programs are within the facilities budget.
- Participate as assigned in the orientation of new staff and demonstrate a positive, helpful, and enthusiastic attitude.
- Give feedback on how the Activities Department can improve Balanced Scorecard outcomes.
- Coordinate the recruitment, retention, and involvement of an official community volunteer program.
- Immediately report incidents of alleged resident abuse or neglect or alleged violations of residents' rights to the Director of Nursing or the Executive Director at the facility.
- Deliver the residents' mail, newsletters, and other community information. Assist in the implementation of the I.L.E.E. Way Program within the facility.
- Conduct satisfaction surveys
- Coordinate with facility staff for procurement of all equipment for new or existing residents.
- Adhere to HIPAA regulations.
- Report all incidents of alleged abuse, neglect, and/or exploitation, for which you become aware, to the Executive Director.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- College level work in healthcare administration, geriatrics, recreation, or activities preferred.
- Possess an Activities Director license/certification, as required by state.
- Prefer at least 3 years of recreation or activities experience or training within a healthcare or skilled nursing environment.
- May require standing and walking for up to 75% of the time.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available.
- Employee may have to drive groups of residents out in the community for activities.
- The employee is required to use assistance when attempting to assist, list, or carry objects over 25lbs.