General Patient Care Job In Olympia Fields, Illinois
Patient Care TechnicianNext Steps... Apply Now
20201 S Crawford Avenue
Days; Holidays; Weekends
Part-Time Benefit eligible;20.00/week
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Efficient health care techs
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Exceptional quality health care doesn’t happen by luck; it happens because there is a team of health care professionals working together – each doing their own job to the highest standards and working together for a common goal. Patient Care Technicians are an important part of this care team – treating each patient’s individual needs, documenting care, and supporting our staff.
Do you have excellent follow-through skills? Are you organized and able to multi-task? Do you love caring for people? Would you like to work in a place that values your skills and believes that serving with faith is the best possible way to serve? We have a team of people waiting for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Verbally interview patient and/or family in order to obtain registration information and enters correct data entry of patient name, gender, and date of birth without duplication of an existing medical record at the time of registration and pre-registration.
- Accurately collect and analyze all required demographic, insurance/financial, and clinical data necessary to schedule, pre-register, and register patients from all payer classes.
- Electronically record information on a timely basis.
- Screen for valid physician order prior to service and enters outpatient codes, diagnosis, or symptoms.
- Confirm compliance with payer requirements for medical necessity, precertification, and complete third-party eligibility and benefit verification to ensure accurate payment is secured.
- Review physician orders, contacts physicians as necessary for additional clinical information.
- Transcribe written orders into EPIC.
- Perform phlebotomy.
- Assist with transportation of patients within the hospital.
- Identify patient liability; obtain patients on pre-service payments, counsel patients on payer financial waivers, and process co-payments collections.
- Complete computer and telephone pre-registrations to minimize patient waiting on service day.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Follow EMTALA, HIPAA, payer, and other applicable regulations and standards for registration.
- Ensure that an accurate historical patient data base is maintained for each registration encounter.
- Comply with federal regulations in answering the Medicare Secondary Payer questionnaire.
- Ensure privacy during registration process.
- Computer knowledge and skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid processes.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
BILLING & HEALTH INFORMATION
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.