General Patient Care Job In Cheektowaga, New York
Residential Supervisor 2Next Steps... Apply Now
Category Residential Care Mental Health
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS)
Responsible for the overall operation of the Community Residence, including the resident care, supervision of staff, and monitoring of physical plant.
DIRECT SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide teaching, supervision, and support in accordance with OMH 593 and 595 including the following restorative services: Assertiveness/Self-Advocacy Training, Community Integration/Resource Development, Daily Living Skills, Health Services, Medication Management/Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services, Symptom Management.
- Ensure that each resident receives comprehensive planning for admission, ongoing treatment and training, and discharge or transfer. Ensure that each plan is complete and up-to-date in accordance with standards of practice and the New York State Office of Mental Health.
- Observe, monitor, and document resident behaviors as well as their progress in accordance with agency standards.
- Plan, implement, and supervise recreational activities.
- Ensure that supervision and documentation of resident medications are in accordance with agency policies.
- Provide case management/rehabilitation services to assigned residents including the coordination of services provided by outside agencies and professionals.
- Perform any other duties necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the community residence.
- Assign, train, supervise, and evaluate the daily activities of staff and volunteers, and schedule their hours to maintain appropriate and sufficient coverage.
- Ensure that all required resident care documentation is completed in accordance with standards set by OMH and the agency.
- Conduct in-service training and weekly staff meetings.
- Oversee all financial transactions within the residence, including payroll, accounts payable, petty cash, recreation fund, and clients' personal allowances.
- Supervise the ordering of food to maintain adequate supplies and meet nutritional standards within budget constraints.
- Supervise the maintenance of the building and coordinate fire safety procedures.
- Maintain a positive relationship with community groups, including the Community Advisory Board, to ensure continuity of care for residents.
- Interview and make hiring recommendations to supervisor.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by supervisor and work as a member of the residential team for each resident. Give relevant input for treatment team meetings, staff meetings, utilization reviews, and any other meetings.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations for self and others.
Education : 4 year degree in Human Services.
Experience : 1 year experience in Human Services.
Other : Driving record that meets agency's Clean Driving Record Policy.