Psychologist Job In Rochester, New York
SRO Assistant Program DirectorNext Steps... Apply Now
Category Mental Health - Residential
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Corporation Name DePaul Community Services (DCS)
The Assistant Program Director provides assistance to the Director with the overall operation of the SRO including but not limited to the oversight of the medication room and supervisory responsibilities, including on call responsibilities. In addition, overseeing the operation of the program in the absence of the Director is required.
1. Assists the Director with the overall operation of the program in accordance with DePaul policies and procedures as well as the
regulations (part 595) put forth by the NYS Office of Mental Health and other applicable agencies.
2. Works in conjunction with the Director, Senior Director, Vice President and the Quality Management Department to ensure that each
resident receives services which support eh individual's emotional, intellectual, educational, social, spiritual, rehabilitative and
recreational wants and needs. Engages in and promotes interactions with residents which directly reflects DePaul Respect Policy.
3. Assists the Director in developing and maintaining high quality standards of practice in every aspect of the program (this includes
resident care, all staffing, physical plant, housekeeping and security).
4. Works with the Director to promote positive public relations in the surrounding community, outside agencies and the mental health
5. Assists the Director in all personnel functions including recruitment, hiring, training / development, supervision, evaluations and
corrective actions in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
6. Oversees the overall operation of the medication room and provides direct support and ongoing documented supervision to the
7. Serves as an active participant of the intake process and the Risk Management team as needed.
8. Assists the Director with the general oversight of the Residential Service Coordination team. This includes ensuring that each
resident has an active service plan and is linked to appropriate community supports.
9. Shares responsibilities with the Director in overseeing the maintenance of both the housekeeping contract and the security contract.
This includes facilitating on-going dialogue with the providers to ensure effective communication.
10. Works collaboratively with the Director to ensure the safety and well-being of residents and staff through the implementation of the
fire and disaster plan and on-going fire and safety training.
11. Provides on-going support and training to staff and residents with regard to the rehabilitative philosophy of the program utilizing
12. Assists the Director with collecting monthly resident rent.
13. Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents (as per respect
policy), staff, guests and service providers.
14. Assist the Director with reviewing issues and responding to concerns at the monthly resident and staff meetings.
15. Follow all safety rules and regulations for self, residents and staff.
16. Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the program.
Education and Experience : Needs to meet one of the following three criteria:
A. Bachelor's degree in psychology or Human Services field plus 2 years of residential experience
working with mentally disabled individuals (one of which includes related supervisory experience)
B. Associates degree in a Human Services field plus 3 years of residential experience working with
mentally disabled individuals (one of which includes related supervisory experience)
C. High School diploma / GED plus 5 years full-time residential experience working with mentally
disabled individuals (two of which includes related supervisory experience)
*In addition to the above criteria this position also requires a clean New York State driving record as outlined in DePaul's personnel policy. The use of one's personal vehicle is also a requirement.