Pharmacist Job In Bellevue, Washington
Pharmacist TechnicianNext Steps... Apply Now
Bellevue, Washington, 98004, United States
Position Title: Pharmacist Technician
Company Name: Custom Prescriptions
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Duration: Indefinite
Custom Prescriptions is a local, family-owned compound pharmacy located in Bellevue, Washington.
With pharmacists and technicians specializing in compounded medications, our staff is uniquely qualified to support compound prescription requirements. Custom Prescriptions is a PCAB (Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board) accredited compounding pharmacy, which is independent validation of our pharmacy's compounding quality assurance. This means all aspects of the pharmacy are highly monitored to produce compounded medications in the safest manner possible.
We have a fun and collaborative team and would love the opportunity to get to know you and see if your experience and qualifications would be a good match!
About this Role:
We are looking for a talented individual who is interested in taking on the roles and responsibilities of a compounding Pharmacist Technician. The technician performs functions that support the daily workflow of the pharmacy. The Pharmacy Technician ensures the timely and appropriate distribution of drug therapy in compliance with state and federal laws and in accordance with Custom Prescriptions policies and procedures.
Performs functions that support the daily workflow of the pharmacy including:
- Typing new prescriptions; Processing refill prescriptions and entering other prescription data into the computer; Counting and pouring medications from stock bottles; Entering chronic condition information; Prepackaging and labeling medications; Stocking shelves; Filing prescriptions; Performing inventory functions; Releasing refill medications and OTC products to patients; Handling non-professional phone calls including refill requests from patients and refill authorizations from prescribers; Calling prescribers to obtain refill authorization; Triaging phone calls to the appropriate person. Working knowledge and competency with cashiering processes and procedures and adherence to Custom Prescriptions compliance standards.
- Guide staff to ensure timely training benchmarks are met as well as ensure policies and procedures are followed and kept up to date with the current chapters of corresponding regulatory framework (ie, USP, FDA, BOP, etc).
- Demonstrates dedication to evidence-based medicine in daily duties by staying current on clinical initiatives and priorities; and identifying specific issues and bringing them to a pharmacist's attention (such as high-risk meds and preferred drugs)
- Ensures the timely and appropriate distribution of drug therapy by reading, interpreting, and filling prescription orders with the correct medication; ensuring the quantities are correct based on the sig; accurately calculate dosages based on the patient's weight
- State of Washington Pharmacist License is required. Months spent in the completion of an American Society of Health System Pharmacists accredited residency training program may substitute month-for-month for the required experience.
- Rotating position and hours
- Ability to work in Bellevue
- Health benefits, including FSA and Dependent Care Accounts
- Paid time off
- EAP and National employee discount program