Emergency Medical Technician Job In Munster, Indiana
ED TechnicianNext Steps... Apply Now
701 Superior Avenue
Holidays; Nights; Weekends
PRN (As Needed);0.01/week
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Efficient emergency room techs
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
There’s a lot going on in an emergency department. Patients need triage. The environment must be kept clean and hazard free. Waiting rooms must be monitored. And nearly everyone there is at a fairly high level of stress. The Emergency Department Technician steps in and calmly handles all these duties and more.
Can you stay calm and focus in emergency situations? Are you able to analyze a situation and follow proper procedures to handle it? Are you good at helping others compassionately? Would you like to administer patient care in a faith-based environment? We have a special place to utilize your skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Receive assignment from the Emergency Department Charge Nurse for patient care duties or departmental needs.
- Assist in triaging patients under the direction of the RN.
- Participate in patient care duties and treatments as directed by physician or nursing staff.
- Perform phlebotomy.
- Performing 12 Lead EKG's.
- Perform waiting room reassessments at appropriate intervals.
- Perform Glucometer and pulse oximeter readings
- Administer medication as per Policy and Scope of Practice.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Interact with others in a calm, friendly and caring manner.
- Active listening skills and empathy toward others.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Follow well-defined instructions and comply with regulations, standards and procedures
- Contribute to overall efficiency of the Emergency Department by maintenance of equipment, use of supplies and appropriate charging.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
0-1 Years Experience
License(s): Emergency Medical Technician - B
Certification(s): Basic Life Support Program
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.