RN Job In Olympia Fields, Illinois
Home Health Coordinator RNNext Steps... Apply Now
Home Health Care
20000 Governors Drive
WHAT WE NEED
Caring, multi-tasking home healthcare professionals
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Here at Franciscan Health, we joyfully continue Christ's ministry. We know that a patient's needs extend beyond the body to include the spirit and mind. Faith is a part of everything we do. Our Home Health Coordinator's support our staff, our families and our patients.
Can you assess patient needs and make adjustments as needed? Are you goal-oriented and a strong communicator? Are you good with people? Let us show you a way to put all these skills to work.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist the Medical Staff, Hospital discharge planners, and utilization review staff in identifying appropriate referrals for Home Health Services.
- Confer with the patient/family, physician, and involved hospital staff to plan and facilitate continuity of care and the initial home care treatment plan.
- Represent Home Health in the community serving as a resource and offering education as indicated.
- Coordinate start of care and resumption activities with the physician, patient/family, and agency staff in order to properly plan Home Health services in a timely manner and as per regulations.
- Assure the home care agency’s ability to meet the patient’s needs to ensure prompt Start of Care or Resumption of Services and fulfillment of physician orders.
- Provide education to physicians, referral sources, and the community on criteria and benefits of home care services to promote appropriate care in the while home adhering to all regulations.
- Demonstrate and maintain clinical competencies in order to provide safe, quality care.
- Participate in agency’s Performance Improvement program in order to improve patient care and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate financial and productivity awareness to assist in maintaining the departments cost effective operations.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Evaluate potential referrals for needs of Skilled Nursing, Physical Therapy, and Occupational Therapy.
- Exercise good judgment in planning home care.
- Project patient’s needs upon discharge to plan continuity of care.
- Identify additional supportive services.
- Identify medical, nursing, or social problems encountered in the hospital which are relevant to the home care plan.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Federal and State guidelines and regulations for Home Health.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
License(s): Registered Nurse
Certification(s): Basic Life Support Program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.