Business Professional Job In Mishawaka, Indiana
This job was posted 7 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Purchasing | Franciscan Alliance
1515 Dragoon Trail
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Organized procurement tech
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our staff and patients depend on accurate control and management of hospital supplies. Placing purchase orders with vendors. Resolving vendor back-orders and incorrect shipments. Maintaining materials and vendor data. If you love keeping track of things and making sure everyone always has what they need, this is the job for you.
Are you organized and detail-oriented? Do you pride yourself meeting deadlines on time, every time? Do you work well with others? We have a position that needs your skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Review and process hospital requisitions for supplies and place orders with vendors.
- Open requisition profile(s) and place orders (phone, fax, EDI, mail).
- Monitor item prices on PO and in SCM and notify Buyer of discrepancies, and makes changes per price change verification policy.
- Maintain timely and accurate data for items and vendors in SCM System.
- Update and correct supply prices, delivery lead times, unit of measure, item number, and vendor data.
- Work with Data Coordinator to load correct information into computer system.
- Maintain daily contact with hospital Materials Management staff and ensure they, and the hospital clinical users, receive the products and services they need in a satisfactory manner.
- Resolve vendor back-orders, incorrect shipments, incorrect pricing, and open orders.
- Complete returns and open order report accurately.
- Run and work open order report weekly and verify open/partial orders one week past anticipated delivery date.
- Work closely with Coordinated Disbursement Services (CDS) by resolving invoice discrepancies daily and by communicating incentive payment terms.
- Support enhanced utilization of IT system.
- Maximize efficiencies of facility purchasing activities.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Experience in purchasing, inventory control, or medical sales.
- Strong interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good judgment with high business ethical standards in carrying out responsibilities.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of various Windows-based word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Strong organizational skills.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.