Internal Medicine Job In Tucson, Arizona
Internal Medicine Program Director for a New Residency Program in Tucson, AZ!Next Steps... Apply Now Register Now
Northwest Medical Center in Tucson, AZ is seeking a board certified Internal Medicine Residency Director to help develop a new residency program.
- Employed position joining new residency program
- Candidate must have 5+ years' participation as active faculty member in ACGME accredited IM res. program
- Candidate must have 3 years GME administrative experience
- This position will begin in 2020; residency program to begin in 2021
Northwest Healthcare Graduate Medical Education Consortium (NHCGME) is comprised of Northwest Medical Center and Oro Valley Hospital and local community members. The NHCGME is fully committed to provide the organizational, financial, academic, clinical, and scholarly resources to support high-quality graduate medical education programs.
Northwest Medical Center (NMC) is a 300-bed facility in Tucson, offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient services including cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics, minimally invasive surgery, neurology and neurosurgery, GI, a free-standing Women's Center, and Wound Care Center.
Oro Valley Hospital (OVH) is a regionally recognized, 146-bed, all-private room, acute care facility which anchors a comprehensive healthcare network of inpatient and outpatient services.
Comprehensive Recruitment Package May Include:
- Competitive Wage Structure
- Annual CME Allowance
- Potential Relocation, Commencement Bonus, Debt Repayment Assistance
Life in Tucson Offers:
- 325 days of sunshine - perfect for hiking, biking, swimming, rock climbing, running, and golf
- Mix of highly-rated private and public schools
- Growing biotech industry, bringing highly educated employees to Tucson and Oro Valley
- Easy access to Phoenix, Sedona, Scottsdale and San Diego for weekend getaways
Population:520,116 city;1,000,000 county
Tucson is 90 miles southeast of Phoenix.
- Year-round outdoor recreation
- Art, culture, history
- Shopping,dining, spas, resorts
- Annual Tucson Gem and Mineral Show
- ElTourde Tucson Bicycle Race
- PGA Accenture Match Play Championships
Points of Interest:
- Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
- KittPeak National Observatory
- San Xavierdel Bac Mission
- Pima Air & Space Museum
Average annual rainfall :12"
Average Temperature in winter: 65 degrees Average temperature in summer: 100 degrees
Average household income $45,521
Average cost of existing 3BR home: $251,963
Average cost of a 2BR apartment:$746/mo.
State Income Tax: 2.88-4.54%
Arizona students perform well above the national standards according to the Arizona Department of Education.
High Schools: 39public/21private
Middle Schools: 48public/38private
Higher Education: University of Arizona; Pima Community College; University of Phoenix
Northwest Medical Center (NMC) is a 300-bed facility in Tucson offering a full range of inpatient and outpatient services including cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopedics, minimally invasive surgery (including two da Vinci surgical robots), neurology and neurosurgery, GI, a free-standing Women's Center, Wound Care Center. NMC is designated with Center of Excellence status for its Chest Pain Center, Stroke Center, Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery, Bariatric program, and Breast Imaging Center.
The medical center is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO).