Maintenance Job In Hammond, Indiana
Plant OperatorNext Steps... Apply Now
Operation of Plant
5454 Hohman Avenue
Days/Evenings; Evenings/Nights; Holidays; Weekends
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Dependable equipment operators
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Safe, reliable equipment and systems are something patients assume will be available when they visit a Franciscan Health location. We don’t take that assumption lightly. We depend heavily on our Plant Operators to repair, maintain and install our equipment and systems. It’s the kind of job that can change from one day to the next but one thing remains the same: the importance of having functional, safe equipment.
Are you a good problem solver? Can you follow procedures for monitoring and maintaining a wide range of equipment? Do you enjoy keeping things working well? We need your skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Supply safe, reliable utilities.
- Start, monitor, perform and maintain equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on plant equipment.
- Repair or replace malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintain equipment comprising the hospital utility systems.
- Life Safety Systems Management.
- Maintenance of safe workplace.
- Effective team functioning.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Identify personal learning needs. Seek opportunity for continued learning.
- Participate in department PI activities and help identify and implement Performance Improvement measures.
- Exercise cost conscious practices in the performance of day-to-day operations.
- Maintain working knowledge of procedures, drugs, and disease processes. Privileged in all competencies within job role. Continued competency on all procedural equipment.
- Demonstrate flexibility in staffing and adaptability to changes in patient care practice.
- Exercise safe judgment in decision making.
- Demonstrate tact and understanding when dealing with others. Respond in a positive manner to constructive criticism.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
0-1 Years Experience
License(s): Stationary Engineer's License
Certification(s): Not Applicable
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.