Business Professional Job In Hammond, Indiana
This job was posted 6 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Volunteer Advocates for Senior
5454 Hohman Avenue
Days/Evenings; Evenings/Nights; Holidays; Weekends
Part-Time Benefit eligible;20.00/week
WHAT WE NEED
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Volunteers do a lot of excellent work in our hospitals. Their impact is felt daily in in all different departments and in the interactions with patients and visitors. The VASIA assesses all new department referrals as they relate to program criteria and the appropriateness for VASIA Guardianship services. From monitoring quality, providing training, and conducting audits, this job has it all.
Are you organized and efficient? Are you good at helping others? Do you enjoy variety and multi-tasking? We have a busy position that’s waiting for your energy.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Conduct referral assessments.
- Coordinate pre and post-information to present a complete assessment.
- Prepare and organize intake trainings/in-services for current and potential community partners/vendors and families.
- Review and assess all new referrals to ensure meeting program criteria and appropriateness and make recommendations for alternatives.
- Conduct weekly audits of new referrals with the Department Manager.
- Assist with any aspect of Marketing program services when referrals are low.
- Provide quality improvement strategies regarding the intake process and customer satisfaction.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Previous experience working with the public and conducting trainings and/or presentations.
- Experience with Mini Mental Assessments and/or other assessment tools.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
License(s): Not Applicable
Certification(s): Not Applicable
Travel:Up to 75%
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.