Sterile Processing Technician Job In Indianapolis, Indiana
CSP Technician IINext Steps... Apply Now
Central Sterile Processing
8111 South Emerson Avenue
High School Diploma/ GED Required
WHAT WE NEED
Sterile processing expert
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
There are so many important jobs that go into providing the very best health care. Jobs that patients may never notice but are critical to their care. This is one of those jobs. The instruments must be in optimal condition, completely sterile and ready for the surgeon or doctor to use. If you like working behind the scenes knowing that your job does good for others, this is the job for you.
Are you a detail-oriented person? Are you good at following instructions to the letter? Are you highly organized? Do you take pride in a job well done? If so, let’s talk about the important role of a Certified Sterile Processing Tech.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Use appropriate barriers for protection when handling equipment and supplies.
- Inspect items for defects such as frayed cords, pitted, or broken instruments.
- Decontaminate, assemble and sterilize instruments according to manufacturer guidelines.
- High level disinfect of specialty instrumentation or devices according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Use detergents/disinfectant solutions to decontaminate surgical instruments, power equipment, scopes, cameras, light cords, and procedural instruments.
- Assemble and package instrumentation in sets and/or single instrument peel-packs; ensure sets are counted and complete for terminal sterilization.
- Operate steam autoclave, plasma sterilizer, automated scope reprocessor, ultrasonic, washer-decontaminator, and sanitize machines.
- Responsible for efficient supply, storage, maintenance and working order of all instruments used in all surgical areas.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Identify personal learning needs. Seek opportunity for continued learning.
- Maintain working knowledge of sterilization processes.
- Utilize time productively.
- Demonstrate flexibility in staffing and adaptability to changes in patient care practice.
- Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
- Demonstrate tact and understanding when dealing with others. Responds in a positive manner to constructive criticism.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
1-3 Years Experience
Travel:Never or Rarely
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Answer your calling to help, to heal and to give compassionate care. We offer a wide variety of professional and medical careers with excellent benefits. Explore your opportunities with Franciscan Health.