Housekeeping and Environmental Services Job In Oakland, California
Housekeeper - Oakland
This job was posted 7 days ago. Be one of the first applicants.
Job Category Housekeeping and Laundry
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
- Cleans apartments, resident rooms, dining areas, lounges, corridors, showers/tubs, bathrooms, offices and all other areas of the community, following standard cleaning procedures.
- Performs scheduled floor maintenance, which includes dust mopping, wet mopping, sweeping, and vacuuming.
- Understands and practices Infection Control procedures and safety guidelines.
- Follows through on special requests and non-standard items.
- Performs routine self-inspections of work to ensure quality.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Must possess effective English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Attention to detail and respect for personal property
- Positive attitude and work ethic.
- Six months of experience working in long term care, home care or a related field is preferred.
"Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status"